One of the Best Recipes for Fruit Salsa
Fruit salsa does not have to be tame; in fact, some pack quite a punch. If you have been looking for a recipe for fruit salsa, which is anything but mild mannered, then you have come to the right place. This salsa pairs up sweet, juicy peaches and blackberries with hot jalapeno or Serrano peppers and the smoky heat of chipotle pepper (smoked jalapeno).
Pulling everything together is the bright acidity of lime juice and the earthy flavor of cumin. If you prefer a little heat in your fruit salsa, this is a recipe which deserves a place in your regular repertoire. It is a great salsa for tortilla chips as well as a variety of other dishes, especially Latin American favorites and seafood.
Try this recipe for fruit salsa along with grilled salmon or tuna steaks, shrimp, chicken; pretty much any entrée you choose goes very well with this perfectly sweet, tart, and spicy fruit salsa.
Making it is also very simple. Gather together your fresh blackberries, peaches, jalapeño, and the limes for juicing. In addition you will need a chipotle chili. Well that is optional but the smoky flavor it adds is very special, so do use this ingredient if you can get it. Sugar and cumin are the final ingredients to round out the flavor and give the salsa a typical Mexican taste and appeal.
It is always exciting to discover what people think of recipes like this, combining fruit and chilies, ingredients they know well but have never combined together! If this applies to you, scroll down and leave a comment letting us know how your first experience of spicy fruit salsa was. Most people adore the contrasts in such a salsa and can’t wait to make this again and again.
- 1 lb blackberries (use fresh blackberries if at all possible, though frozen will do in a pinch)
- 2 large peaches or nectarines, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, diced
- 1 chipotle pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar (turbinado sugar or brown sugar are best)
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Even with a comparatively large list of ingredients for a simple fruit salsa recipe, this salsa is a very easy one to make.
- Wash the blackberries and chop in half.
- Peel and dice the peaches or nectarines and dice the peppers, combining in a bowl.
- Add the sugar, lime juice, cumin, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate the salsa for a few hours before serving; not only will this allow the flavors to combine and deepen, but it also makes for a slightly hotter tasting salsa.
- Fruit salsa can be just as exciting as any tomato salsa and this potent fruit salsa recipe is ample evidence of that fact.
Sweet and spicy at the same time, this juicy fruit salsa is certainly something different. Berries and peaches are just the tip of the iceberg although they are the ingredients you will see first when looking at the finished salsa. As well as your fruit you will be able to taste the kick of the chilies, warm aromatic spicy flavors of the chipotle and cumin, zing of the lime juice, and there is also a touch of sugar in there to bring out the natural sweetness of the fruit, and balance out the sweet and savory flavors to offer a perfect harmony.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119401 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63205 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34617 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23424 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17644 Views)