Peach Salsa With Shallots and Cilantro
Good peaches are hard, if not downright impossible to find for much of the year. However, for the short period during the summer when peaches and nectarines are in season, they are wonderful and it seems like there are never enough ways to enjoy these succulent late summer fruits.
Salsa is one way to use peaches and nectarines which you may not have thought of; but when you have had your fill of peach pies, cobblers and other peach-based desserts, then you should certainly try your hand at making this sweet and spicy peach salsa recipe.
During the summer months, there is almost nothing better than enjoying this salsa, bursting with sweet, juicy summer peaches balanced with the pungency of shallots and hot peppers and the citrus tang of cilantro. Try this salsa once and you will forever associate summer with this one of a kind dip.
So what goes into this recipe along with the juicy, sweet peaches? You will need shallots, lime and cilantro, as well as serrano peppers to offer a contrasting spicy flavor, and some sugar, salt and pepper to help balance it all out. The ingredients all need to be combined and then you can refrigerate the salsa to chill it and also allow the flavors to blend perfectly.
However good you imagine the result to be, you are still going to be pleasantly surprised when sampling this because it really is that tasty. This is a recipe you can throw together really quickly and easily, just as soon as you have chopped and minced the ingredients as instructed. All the ingredients featured in this salsa are fresh ones, which means there will be a lovely fragrant, aromatic flavor in the finished salsa, and you will be able to identify the typical south of the border flavors in this.
- 4 peaches, peeled and chopped (nectarines may also be used, in which case peeling is optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp minced shallots
- 2-3 jalapeno or Serrano peppers, diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Start by peeling the peaches (if you are using nectarines, then you can skip this step if you like) and chopping into small pieces.
- Mince the shallots and chop the peppers and cilantro before mixing all of your ingredients in a bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Peaches are the main ingredient in this recipe, and you can see that by looking at the picture. This is an exciting recipe because it shows just how good a contrast between sweet ingredients and spicy ones can be. In the picture the peach salsa is served with chicken kabobs. Although perhaps not the first dish to come to mind as something you would serve salsa with, the sweetness of the peach salsa goes really well with chicken, so consider such a pairing, or even serve it with grilled chicken breast or drumsticks.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)