Pink Watermelon Salsa Recipe
Everyone enjoys watermelon in the summer. However, there always seems to be a few wedges left over after everyone has gone. What do you do with them? You make watermelon salsa! This refreshing fruit salsa is great on chips, especially if they have cinnamon on them. You can also serve it on fish or chicken. Make it extra chunky and you can eat it like a salad. It is sweet with a touch of heat and crunch. Yum!
One of the really fun things about watermelon salsa recipes is the colors you get to play with. While most people will call traditional watermelons red, once you chop them up, they tend to have a vibrant reddish-pink color. Then you can use yellow watermelons or orange watermelons. Watermelon salsa makes a nice change of pace from traditional salsas. Try it on your homemade tacos for a hint of sweetness with your savory flavors.
Watermelon salsa recipes are sure to be a hit with the kids. Make it milder by removing all the seeds in the jalapenos for them. If you like it a little hotter, leave a few of the seeds in for heat. This is a great recipe for making the most of your watermelon. Since watermelons are so large, it is sometimes difficult to think of ways to use it all up before it spoils. This recipe solves your problem. You will be lucky if you have any watermelon left for anything else. You can also play around with the ingredients a little. Add in some pineapple or cucumber if you like or anything else that sounds good.
While removing the seeds from the jalapeño is optional, and something you can do if you want a milder result, removing the black seeds from the watermelon is something you should do, and because they are so visible against the pink watermelon, that is not a difficult task. Perhaps you have seen those seedless watermelons in the stores.
Although they do not contain black seeds, which is good from a convenience point of view, they also lack flavor, which is why a lot of home cooks prefer to buy the seeded kind and take the seeds out themselves. When chopped, the watermelon combines with tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice, to make the most amazing tasting, versatile salsa recipe.
- 1 cup watermelon, chopped
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix watermelon, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your choice of tortilla chips or cinnamon-sugar pita chips.
Beautifully sweet yet with a touch of spice, this watermelon salsa combines fresh ingredients for a refreshing and harmonious result. The jalapeño, lime and cilantro are ingredients which feature in many salsa recipes, along with the tomato and red onion, which feature in many. The watermelon is a special ingredient though, and adding that means you are adding a brand new flavor to your Mexican salsa. Because it is so refreshing, you will find this is a lovely condiment to make during the warmer months, and it also looks beautiful because of the pinky-red color and the green cilantro leaves.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117443 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45797 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17718 Views)