Refreshing Summer Time Pineapple Peach Salsa
Fruit salsas are getting more popular all the time. In fact, it seems like new fruit combinations are being created every day. This simple pineapple peach salsa is really delicious. You can use it as a condiment on tacos, chips, seafood, or chicken. You can actually eat it as a side salad, too. Leave out the pepper and shallot and it makes a good dessert.
Peaches are best in the summer when they are at their peak, though you can also use canned peaches for this recipe the rest of the year. This is a terrific salsa to make when you are craving something sweet along with your meal. Spoon it over grilled fish or chicken for a fast, colorful meal. It only takes a couple of minutes to whip up fresh salsa; think about adding it to almost any meal to add color, flavor, and nutrition.
Fresh salsa is a wonderful treat. It is cool and refreshing in the summer time. It adds nutrition through the use of farm fresh ingredients and you do not have any preservatives in it. In the winter, it reminds you of the delicious flavors of summer. Instead of snacking on candy or fast food, why not make up a quick bowl of fresh fruit salsa and munch on it with tortilla chips? It will fill you up, help you lose weight and give you energy. A fruit salsa is particularly nice in the afternoon when you begin to drag a bit. Unlike candy, which gives you a fast sugar rush, and an equally fast crash, fruit salsa will sustain you for a longer period of time and provide fiber as well.
Although a lot of people serve chips with their homemade salsa by default, it is worthwhile learning about some new ways to serve it, and that includes on a platter along with deli meat, cheeses and bread, or as a hamburger topping, especially if you have blue cheese or another favorite kind of cheese topping the patty. Some kinds of salsa, the more chunky and ‘pico de gallo’ kind (without much liquid) can even be enjoyed by itself, eaten with a small fork or spoon, or even scooped on to crackers. The more kinds of salsa you experiment with, the more ways to serve it you will discover.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1 ripe peach, diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Mix pineapple, peaches, bell pepper, mint, shallot, lime juice, and honey together in a bowl.
- Chill for at least an hour so flavors can combine.
- Serve with chips or seafood.
Peach and pineapple salsa offers fruity flavor which makes it perfect for serving with fish or seafood, or you can take inspiration from the picture and serve it with tortilla chips. However you serve this salsa you are sure to enjoy all the wonderful fresh flavors of the ingredients in there. Making this could not be simpler. You just have to combine the ingredients to make it, and let it chill so the flavors can blend, then serve it with your favorite dish. Everyone will be really impressed with the flavor of this, guaranteed.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117391 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)