Refreshing Watermelon Blueberry Salsa Recipe
This refreshing watermelon blueberry salsa recipe is absolutely delicious. It makes the perfect summer condiment or side dish. Serve it up with grilled fish or pork for a delightful summer barbecue. The sweet watermelon and bright blueberries provide a feast for the senses. This colorful salsa looks like a rainbow on your plate. Even better, this salsa contains no fat or cholesterol.
When you are choosing a watermelon, look at the bottom. There should be a pale spot where the melon sat on the dirt while growing. If the melon is ripe, this spot will be pale yellow or a cream color. If it is green or white, choose another. Watermelons do not continue to ripen after being picked. Now look at the rest of the rind. It should be free of blemishes and firm to the touch. The green color should be deep and dull, not pale or bright. There should be no soft spots. Look for a melon that is heavy for its size.
When shopping for blueberries, you want to look for dark blue berries with a silvery-white frost on them. Purple and green berries are under ripe. If you pick up a berry, it should feel heavy for its size. Berries should be firm and plump, not wrinkled. If you are picking your own berries, choose only the ripe berries, leaving the rest to ripen on the bush. Blueberries are an excellent addition to salsas used on savory dishes.
As well as the blueberries and watermelon, this salsa features tomato, onion, bell peppers, chili pepper, basil, and orange juice, so you can imagine the lovely, fragrant flavor it offers. The fruit and orange juice are sweet, while the basil and chili offer aromatic flavors, and the vegetables add a savory touch to the salsa, so you end up with a harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
Because this is spicy and fruity at the same time, there are plenty of different things you can do with it, including serving it with fish or chicken, trying it with pork, or even offering it with chips as a dipping sauce. This is one of the most magical salsas you can make, and it is jam-packed with healthy ingredients to give you plenty of vitamins and minerals too.
- 1 cup blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup watermelon, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red onions, minced
- ¼ cup sweet yellow peppers, minced
- ⅓ cup sweet red peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the blueberries, watermelon, tomatoes, all the peppers, onions, basil, orange juice, and salt.
- Stir well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
This recipe makes a lot of blueberry watermelon salsa, and you can serve it as a side dish, condiment or dipping sauce. The fruity flavors contrast with vegetables, jalapeño and basil, to offer a gourmet flavor in every bite. All you need to do to make this exquisite dish is combine the fresh ingredients together and then let the salsa chill so all those flavors can blend and combine nicely. The photo shows watermelon and blueberries, you two main ingredients for making this dish. Using good quality fresh ingredients is crucial if you want to make the best-tasting salsa.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117391 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)