Scrumptious Peach Corn Salsa
If you like peaches, you will like this salsa. Corn and peaches combine their sweetness with a little bit of peppers for heat, creating a salsa that is utterly amazing. You can serve it with chips at a party. You can also serve it as a condiment for fish, pork, beef, or chicken. This is one versatile recipe that makes the most of those ripe peaches in the summer.
This delicious peach and corn salsa can even substitute for a salad. Just eat it with a spoon for a delicious treat or snack anytime. The flavors blend nicely, creating a sweet, yet complex combination that tickles the taste buds. This is a colorful salsa that just screams summer. Of course you can play with it a bit, too. Throw in a tomato if you have one, or a little cool cucumber. The contrasts of texture and flavor are what you want to highlight.
Serve this salsa at a party for an appetizer or make it into a delicious side dish or condiment with a main dish. Think how delicious this would be when eaten with a nice piece of grilled steak. Salsas like this really bring the best out of the entire genre. They are versatile, nutritious and taste great. You can pick up fresh peaches at your local farm stands or at the farmers’ market. Ripe peaches should have a wonderful sweet fragrance. Look at the skin and inspect it for bruising. The skin may be streaked both yellow and pink. The peach should be firm, yet slightly soft. Do not squeeze it; you will bruise it for the next person. Peaches with green tints to the skin are definitely not ripe yet.
As well as the juicy peach this salsa boasts corn, onion and jalapeño to bolster the flavor, as well as aromatic ginger, basil and lime, which work beautifully with the other ingredients to bring out the soft, fragrant sweetness of this salsa. The jalapeño adds a little kick to it, reminding you this is a south of the border condiment, because you do not want the flavor too tame!
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 Tablespoon corn oil
- 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 4-5 scallions, trimmed and cut diagonally
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped (reserve juices)
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- Fresh squeezed lime juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the kernels off the cobs with a sharp knife.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat; add corn oil.
- Add the corn and chili a minute later.
- As the corn cooks, shake the skillet to distribute it so each kernel gets to the heat.
- Ideally, every kernel should be browned on at least one side.
- Add scallions and let them sit for a minute, stirring as needed.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add peaches, onion, ginger, basil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve within an hour.
Peach salsa adds a warm, vibrant color to any dish, whether you serve it with chicken or fish, like in this photo, or as a topping for tacos, or even as a dip for chips. There is always somewhere in the course of the meal where you can bring out the homemade salsa. This recipe uses not only peach and corn for an interesting twist on classic salsa, but also ginger and basil to add an aromatic touch to the flavor. Using fresh corn to make it means you can expect a lovely fresh flavor from the resulting salsa.
2 Responses to Scrumptious Peach Corn Salsa
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119454 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117441 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63256 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45796 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34659 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30401 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24140 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23456 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18984 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17717 Views)