Spectacular Blueberry Salsa Recipe
Everyone loves blueberries. They are fun to eat out of hand. They also make excellent pies, cobblers, and jellies. Blueberry salsa is also a great dish, but few have heard of it. Blueberry salsa is actually a great condiment. Serve it with chips or put some on your cooked pork, chicken, or fish. The spicy peppers really work well with the sweetness of the blueberries.
Salsas are a nice way to add flavor and nutrition to a meal without a lot of extra calories. You can make them in minutes from fresh ingredients that give you all the vitamins and minerals you need while adding color and flavor to your meals. If you are looking for ways to lose weight and are not looking forward to giving up some of your favorite foods, try making salsas to jazz things up a bit. You will be pleasantly surprised.
When you make our blueberry salsa recipe, you will be amazed at how nice the dish looks. Full of blue, red, and green, this colorful salsa really livens up any meal. You can even eat it with a spoon if you wish. It is that good. Heap it on grilled chicken breast or a nice halibut steak. Scoop it up with crisp tortilla chips as a snack. This is a great way to enjoy all those blueberries during the peak of the season. This recipe gives you a whole new twist on eating blueberries. You better go pick some more berries. This salsa will help you eat them so fast you will run out.
You will need fresh blueberries to make these. Although frozen blueberries would work, the texture of the fresh ones is so much firmer and better, and since they are the key ingredient in this recipe it pays to use the fresh kind. They are then combined with jalapeño, cilantro and lime, to add those distinctive salsa flavors we all know and love, along with bell pepper which is both sweet and savory, and a little salt and sugar to finish it off.
The ingredients are mixed together and then you should let the mixture sit so the flavors can blend. This will keep for up to 3 days so make a nice batch of it, and you are sure to find all kinds of ways to serve it, whether that is with chips or crackers, or as a condiment for chicken or pork.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded, and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- A pinch of sugar
- A dash of hot sauce (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the blueberries, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, salt, sugar, and hot sauce.
- Mix well.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving.
- Salsa will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Blueberry salsa is versatile and very tasty. Featuring typical Mexican flavors like lime, cilantro and jalapeño, this will complement any Mexican dish. Take inspiration from the photo if you like, serving this tasty blueberry salsa with chicken breast and your favorite green vegetable. Otherwise consider it as a dip or add some to your blue cheese topped hamburger to add a sophisticated, gourmet twist. If you usually use your blueberries to make pies or cake, try using them to make a south of the border dish instead, and you will love the sweet versus spicy flavors it offers.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119407 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117396 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63217 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30375 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18954 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17663 Views)