Spicy Mango Salsa Recipe
Some of us like to have our salsa, even our fruit salsas, on the spicier side. Whether it is a salsa based on peaches, citrus, melon or as is the case here, mango, having a bit of heat to balance out the fruitiness of the main ingredient makes for a more balanced flavor profile. Of course, there are also many people who simply enjoy the kick of hot peppers for their own sake.
Regardless of which camp you fall into, this recipe has you covered. Bursting with sweet and juicy mango flavor as well as some backup from nectarines, this spicy mango salsa recipe boasts plenty of heat from Serrano chilies.
This is an exceptionally good salsa for dipping with tortilla chips as well as being wonderful paired with poultry, seafood, or pork. Actually, it is great with pretty much anything, so do not be shy about trying it out with different entrees and appetizers. If you like a little heat with your sweet, you will love this spicy mango salsa recipe.
You require very few ingredients to put this salsa recipe together. Apart from the mango and chilies, you only need garlic, cilantro, and lime juice, as well as a little salt and black pepper which you might decide you don’t need after all. The ingredients need to be diced and tossed together, and then you need to be patient, waiting for all those flavors to soften, blend and mellow out, so you can serve this wonderful salsa and enjoy its delicious appeal.
If you are not used to tomato-free salsa, this one will make quite a change for you, but you are sure to agree the sweetness of the mango is every bit as good as the natural sweetness off those tomatoes you are more used to tasting in salsa.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3 Serrano chilies, minced (jalapenos may be substituted if Serranos are not available)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel and chop the mangoes, cutting around the large flat seed. Mince the garlic and Serrano peppers and chop the cilantro coarsely.
- Mix ingredients and add lime juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and refrigerate 2 – 4 hours (or overnight) to allow the salsa to come to peak flavor.
- Serve with chips – or anything else when you are feeling a craving for a little bit of heat with your meals or snacks.
- This spicy mango salsa recipe is certain to bring a smile to the faces of every chili pepper lover at your table, and maybe win over some new fans as well!
A spicy mango salsa combines very nicely with swordfish, and the combination also looks very appetizing, as you can see in the picture. The sweetness of the mango softens the fierce heat of the chili, so what you end up with is quite a mellow result, neither too spicy nor too cloying sweet – a happy medium if you will. This is just as easy to make as any of our other salsa recipes, since the ingredients simply need to be gathered, diced and tossed together, and then left to mellow out. There is no excuse for using inferior store-bought salsa when the homemade kind is so easy to prepare and also tastes this good!
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119402 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117378 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63205 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45756 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34617 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30366 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24110 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23424 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18946 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17646 Views)