Super Easy Avocado Feta Cheese Salsa Recipe
This is a delicious recipe that you can use with chips or you can serve it as a condiment with a main dish. The recipe is colorful and full of flavor. You can serve it as a snack while you watch a movie, or make it for an appetizer. The combination of avocado and feta cheese really makes for a tasty dish. You could also make it into a simple summer supper when the weather is hot and you do not want to do a lot of cooking. The attached pita chip recipe is a great way to enjoy this salsa.
This dish gives you fiber, protein, vitamins A and C, calcium and iron. Not only do you get great taste, you get a solid serving of nutrition, too. Serve this delicious avocado feta cheese salsa with beef, chicken, or lamb. You can even put it in a breakfast taco full of scrambled eggs. Use it to top off a burger if you are in the mood for something gourmet.
When you shop for your feta cheese, you want to look for a few things. You can find feta cheese made from goat’s milk or a combination of sheep and cow’s milk. You can find it in blocks or in crumbles. Choose one you like best; they can range from a mild flavor to a sharp flavor. Store your cheese in the deli drawer or on a shelf. You want the freshest cheese possible when you buy. Crumbled feta needs to be used quickly before it dries out.
The salsa is made by combining tomatoes, avocado, onion, garlic and herbs, along with feta cheese, and that is the special part of this recipe. While the mixture is chilling you can get busy making the pita chips. Of course, you do not have to serve those with the salsa.
You might want to serve it with tacos, fajitas or as a condiment for your meat, fish or salad instead. If you do want to make homemade pita chips though, this recipe is really good. You just need to brush oil or butter over pita bread and season them. They will turn lovely and crispy in the oven, and then you can enjoy the chips and dip together, as a lovely snack or appetizer.
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 whole pieces pita bread
- Melted butter or olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Place the tomatoes, avocados, onion, and garlic in a bowl and gently stir them together.
- Add the parsley and oregano.
- Gently mix in the vinegar and olive oil.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese into the mixture and gently mix.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill for 2 to 6 hours.
- For the Pita Chips:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the pita bread into eight equal triangles.
- Tear each one apart at the seam, so you get two.
- Lay them on a cookie sheet with the rough inside facing upwards.
- Brush the pita pieces with melted butter or olive oil, and then sprinkle them with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Bake in the oven until the edges turn light brown; about 15 minutes.
This unusual avocado and feta salsa makes a change from the tomato ones you might be more accustomed to. You can cut the chunks quite big like in the photo or make them a lot smaller. If you want more of a pico de gallo salsa, which means larger chunks, that would work well if you serve this as a side dish, but if you prefer a dip, then make the pieces small and you will be able to scoop them up easier with the chips. This is very easy to prepare and it makes a fantastic snack for dinner guests who are just arriving.
One Response to Super Easy Avocado Feta Cheese Salsa Recipe
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119406 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117392 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34626 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30373 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24116 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17657 Views)