Super Easy Pineapple Salsa
This is one of the simplest pineapple salsa recipes you will find anywhere. All you do is chop the ingredients and put them in a bowl. Let them sit. Mix them just before serving. It is really delicious! The sweet pineapple contrasts wonderfully with the hot jalapenos. Use red jalapenos for a more colorful salsa. Serve this easy pineapple salsa with chips, tacos, or seafood dishes.
While you can use canned pineapple, where is the fun in that? Learning to choose a ripe pineapple in the produce section is a very good skill to have. There is nothing like the taste of a fresh, ripe pineapple. Choose a pineapple that is brightly colored and has deep green, fresh leaves. Pick up the pineapple. Is it heavy? It should be. Look it over completely. If the pineapple is bruised, has mold or brown leaves, leave it. Smell the fruit. Ripe pineapple should have a wonderful, sweet pineapple smell when you sniff the bottom of the fruit.
Cutting open a fresh pineapple can be a bit intimidating if you have never done it before. You need a sharp knife. You can slice off the crown or twist it off. Slice the pineapple lengthwise into quarters. Use the knife to cut away the outer skin away from each quarter, and then remove the core down the center of each piece. Slice or dice as needed. If you want rings, you can get a tool to core your pineapple so you can slice it into rings.
Even if this is the first time you have prepared fresh pineapple and used it in a recipe, you will be delighted not only with how easy it is to prepare but also how the flavor of fresh pineapple offers much more than the canned variety. Not a lot of ingredients are required to make this recipe, just the pineapple, jalapeño, lime and sugar, as well as your choice of mint, cilantro or lemon verbena, depending on the end flavor you want to have, as well as what is available. This salsa boasts plenty of flavor, and proves you do not need to use a lot of different ingredients to make something which will offer all the wonderful flavor your palate craves.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint, cilantro or lemon verbena, minced
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar, or to taste
- Use a non-reactive mixing bowl, such as glass or ceramic.
- Place the pineapple, mint, peppers, lime juice, and brown sugar into your mixing bowl.
- Let them sit there, unmixed until just before serving.
- Mix the ingredients five minutes before serving and season to taste.
Fresh pineapple salsa makes a change from the tomato salsa recipes you might be more familiar with, and this is a very easy recipe which anyone can make with ease, regardless of cooking skills or experience. The photo shows the attractive color of the pineapple and you can also see some fresh mint in the picture, although this recipe allows you to swap the mint for cilantro or lemon verbena if you prefer. Even basil or parsley would work nicely here if you prefer to use one of those instead.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119404 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117388 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30371 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23429 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)