Sweet and Spicy Raspberry Chipotle Salsa Recipe
Our raspberry chipotle salsa recipe is very special. The combination of raspberry jam and roasted jalapenos creates a smoky, sweet salsa that is good on almost anything. In case you are not familiar with chipotle that is all it is – roasted jalapenos. You can roast them yourself on your grill or even in the oven at 450 degrees. You just want to roast them long enough for the skin to blister and start to char. It will take 10 to 12 minutes in the oven, but only a few minutes on the grill.
Remember whenever you work with jalapenos to wear rubber gloves so you do not get the oils on your skin. Even though you have to take precautions when working with jalapenos, they add flavor and enough heat to make your salsa interesting. Serve this salsa with chips, pile it on fish or chicken, serve it alongside a slice of roasted pork or beef… you are only limited by your imagination. That is the beauty of salsa recipes; they go with almost any recipe you can think of.
For adventurous souls, you may want to try this spread on pound cake or perhaps a little with each bite of chocolate cake. Chocolate and raspberry is a famous pair, but fewer people know that chocolate and chili peppers also make a nice combination. Be adventurous… try something new! Venture out into the culinary world with some simple salsa recipes that will take you for a ride you will never forget.
Making this salsa is very easy. The jam, cumin, salt and lime juice combine, and then you need to combine the prepared vegetables, chili and cilantro in another dish, and gently add the first mixture on top. Be very gentle when you are stirring this. You want to combine the ingredients but not crush them. This is one of the most unusual salsas you will ever try.
It is hard to imagine how the ingredients will taste when combined but do consider making this if you are interested in a brand new flavor, and serve the salsa with plain chips or crackers so you can appreciate all the wonderful flavors it has to offer.
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 small zucchini, peeled and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 chipotle jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup raspberry pepper jam
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together the raspberry jam, cumin, salt and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, zucchini, onion, jalapenos, and cilantro and pour the raspberry mixture over the top.
- Stir the salsa gently so you do not crush the ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cornbread, or polenta.
This sweet, spicy, fruity salsa offers really unusual flavors, and it is probably unlike any salsa you have ever had before. The sweetness of the tomato and jam contrast with the chipotle and cumin, to offer an array of flavors which will just explode magnificently on the tongue. This is very simple to throw together and you can make it in just a few minutes. Serve it with crackers, chips, bread, or even spread it on cake or a sweetbread for something different. Considering this is so simple to make, you might like to bookmark it. The photo will give you an idea of how the finished salsa should look.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)