Sweet Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
What do pineapples and mangoes have in common? Other than the fact that they are both tropical fruits, they go well in salsa recipes. In the recipe which follows, they are paired up in a sweet and tangy salsa, which plays up the flavors of both fruits.
Pineapple and mango salsas are becoming more popular all the time, but it is not every day that you see a salsa featuring both ingredients. It is a shame, since the two work together perfectly in this pineapple mango salsa recipe.
This salsa makes a great condiment for fish dishes, especially salmon. It is also a natural foil for roasted or grilled chicken as well as being wonderful with chips. This salsa is a favorite at picnics and cookouts, but you will find that there is plenty to enjoy here whether you have it indoors or out at any time of the year.
Like most salsa recipes, there is plenty of room for experimentation here, so do not feel you have to be limited to following the recipe verbatim. There are a lot of possible (and delicious) variations here, such as adding a touch of chipotle pepper to the recipe to balance out some of the sweetness from the fruit and give it a smoky, spicy kick. You are only limited by your imagination here, so give it a whirl and try making a pineapple mango salsa recipe, which is perfect for your own tastes. You may just discover a new family favorite in the process and even not, you are sure to enjoy the results
Once you start experimenting with homemade salsas, you will find there are lots of different ones to try, and although classic tomato salsa is always a winner, fruity ones such as this pineapple and mango salsa are also too good not to make.
- 1-2 large mangoes, peeled and diced (about one cup)
- 1 cup pineapple, diced finely (fresh pineapple is best, if available)
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Juice of 1 lime and 1 lemon
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, chopped finely (adjust to taste)
- While still pretty easy in the grand scheme of things, this recipe can be a little tricky to prepare if you have never had to deal with peeling and chopping a mango before.
- They are not all that hard to peel with a paring knife, but cooks should be aware that this fruit has a large, flat seed in the center, which needs to be cut around when preparing this pineapple mango salsa recipe.
- As for the rest of the ingredients, these are not too much of a challenge.
- Simply chop your ingredients and combine in a large bowl, stir and refrigerate for a few hours before serving and you are ready to enjoy a slightly different take on salsa, which is the perfect match for seafood dishes and as a dip for tortilla chips.
This amazing mango salsa goes beautifully with juicy chicken breast, and it looks visually pleasing as you can see from the picture. Serve this colorful dish and everyone will be amazed. If you prefer, you can try it with fish or seafood, or even as a dip for chips. The pineapple and mango are very sweet, but add lime and jalapeño and you have a wonderful contrast going on. Homemade salsa is always better than the store-bought kind, but you can also make flavors that simply are not available in the store, such as this lovely version of salsa.
Check Out Some of Our Other Hot Content
Leave a Reply
- Mexican Dessert Sopapilla Recipe January 24, 2015
- Some Authentic Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Some Traditional Mexican Recipes January 24, 2015
- Types of Salsa January 24, 2015
- Fried Cinnamon Mexican Dessert with Lime Sauce January 23, 2015
- Sweet Meets Savory Corn Dessert Muffins January 22, 2015
- 6-Ingredient Breakfast Burritos January 21, 2015
- Baked Mixed Bean Quesadillas January 19, 2015
- Mexican Dessert Cheesecake with Orange December 21, 2014
- Best Taco Salad Recipe Ever December 8, 2014
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (111444 Views)
- Home (101779 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (60239 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44257 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32948 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (28144 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22522 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (22085 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17561 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15275 Views)