Tasty Recipe for Vegetarian Fajitas with Chipotle Cream Sauce
There is no reason why vegetarian fajitas cannot be every bit as flavorful as meat or chicken fajitas and with this recipe for vegetarian fajitas, we will show you how. This is a good recipe for fajitas because it is easy to make and the flavors complement one another very well.
The chipotle cream sauce goes beautifully with the vegetables although you might want to adjust the chili amount if you prefer milder or hotter food. There are some traditional Mexican recipes for vegetarian fajitas but this one makes use of Greek cheese because it goes so well with the grilled veggies. Do not worry about mixing completely different cuisines if they complement one another. This delicious vegetable fajita recipe confirms they do and the tangy feta tastes amazing with the vegetables.
When making a vegetarian fajitas recipe you can be creative with the vegetables you use, choosing contrasting flavors, textures, and colors for an interesting effect. Nearly all vegetables go well with one another so as long as you make sure you cook the harder, denser vegetables first, or give them a longer cooking time so everything is ready at once, your vegetarian fajitas should be great.
Cheese and Mushroom Vegetarian Fajitas
Summary: coming soon
- 1 zucchini, in ½ inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 1 sweet onion, halved
- 8 oz white mushrooms
- 8 oz mixed mushrooms (e.g. shiitake, crimini or portabella caps)
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 large flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Chipotle Cream Sauce:
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper, no seeds or stem
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat the cumin seeds in a small, dry skillet for about one minute until their fragrance is released. Put them in a large bowl with the mushrooms, garlic, and olive oil. Toss well to coat them all.
- Preheat the grill to medium hot.
- Put the mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and bell peppers on the grill screen (you can use the rack of a broiler pan if you don’t have a grill). Grill 2 or 3 inches from the heat, stirring now and then, until the mushrooms are cooked through. This will take about 7 minutes.
- Make the chipotle cream sauce by processing the cream, chili pepper, and salt in a food processor until the pepper is finely chopped. This should take about 20 seconds.
- Slice the cooked veggies into strips and place an equal amount on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cheese over the top and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with the chipotle cream sauce and perhaps some salad and Mexican rice.
Preparation time: 1 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (Southwestern)
This colorful and appetizing looking vegetarian fajitas recipe features tangy feta cheese, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin and more for a really intense and mouthwatering flavor. Vegetarian fajita recipes vary a lot and you can be imaginative with them, adding whichever vegetables you choose to. This recipe is simple to prepare and the vegetables are grilled for maximum flavor and juiciness. You can serve the tortillas, rice, filling, and condiments separately if you like, so that people can assemble their own because that can be fun. That is the case for most fajitas recipes actually, so people can decide exactly how to make their own vegetarian fajitas.
Current average ratings.
Leave a Reply
- Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe With Cream Sauce
- Mexican Rice Pudding - Receta de Arroz con Leche
- One of the Best Grilled Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Classic Mexican Flan
- Easy Mexican Cornbread Recipe
- Traditional Recipe for Turkey Tamales
- Rich Mexican Beef Soup with Chipotle Chili
- Easy Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe
- Vanilla Mexican Sweet Bread
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe
- Home (70428 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (58631 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (39181 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (37158 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (27213 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (18474 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (14952 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (14018 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (11718 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (10849 Views)