Tomato Peach Salsa
Summer is not only a time of the year which offers great weather, but also the best produce of the year. A wide variety of fruits and vegetables are in the peak of freshness and flavor and salsa is an obvious choice for using the season’s bounty.
Peaches and tomatoes are both at their best towards the end of the summer and of course, both are ideal salsa ingredients. Tomatoes of course are a staple in salsa recipes of all kinds, but peaches are also a great addition to salsas, whether they are sweet, hot, or both.
This winner of a tomato peach salsa recipe calls for jalapeno or Serrano peppers, but if you are a dyed in the wool lover of hot peppers, then habanero peppers are also an excellent choice. Their fruity, somewhat floral flavor is a perfect match for the peaches, but if you are not accustomed to their incendiary nature, you may want to stick with the jalapenos on this one.
As well as the sweetness from the tomatoes and peaches, this recipe includes a bite in the form of piquant red onion as well as the chili peppers which really kick up the flavor. Lime juice and cilantro add a typical Mexican flair to the overall flavor, and both salt and sugar are added, the salt to complement the savory ingredients and the sugar to complement the sweetness.
When combined all these ingredients work in perfect harmony to offer something which is more unusual than the typical salsas you might be used to, but the added peach offers up more possibilities. Because of the sweet fruity touch in this salsa, it would go wonderfully alongside anything with cheese, or even as an accompaniment to blue cheese or goat’s cheese.
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup peeled, diced peaches (use fresh, not canned peaches)
- 1 small or ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 jalapeno or Serrano peppers (or habanero, if you are so inclined)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- Salsa is generally not a complicated thing to make and this recipe is also an easy one to prepare.
- All it takes is fresh, ripe tomatoes, peaches, and peppers and the rest essentially takes care of itself.
- As far as the actual preparation goes, all you need to do is to chop all of the fruit, vegetables, and herbs and stir together with all of the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate this peach-tomato salsa for an hour or two (or better yet, overnight) before serving with tortilla chips, Mexican dishes or anything else that needs a little bit of zip.
Peach and tomato salsa is not your typical run-of-the-mill salsa because the juicy sweet peach really livens it up and gives it a special edge. The fruity touch means this goes especially nicely with cheese, so consider adding this to your next cheeseburger if you want to add a south of the border touch, or serving it with fried cheese wedges perhaps, for a fusion dish which offers all the amazing flavors you could dream of. Making this is simply a question of combining the ingredients together and letting the flavors develop into something any Mexican cook would be proud of.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)