Very Flavorful Peach Salsa Recipe
This peach salsa recipe is very tasty and goes very well with shrimp chalupas or in fact any Mexican food recipes containing fish or seafood. Peaches, onion, limejuice, salt, and cilantro are combined for a simple yet very flavorful peach salsa recipe. There are other fruit salsa recipes you could try if you are looking for something that will be nice with fish. Pineapple, apples, pears, and plums can all be used to make unusual Mexican salsa recipes. You can use one fruit or combine different ones. Fruit tends to be great with sharp flavors like onion and lime juice.
If you like to make Mexican food recipes, homemade salsa recipes are a must. They are so simple to prepare and they taste fresh and wonderful with any Mexican dish.
The cilantro goes incredibly well with the peach and really brings out its flavor. The peach gives a sweet taste and the onion and limejuice add a sour flavor, making this peach salsa very well balanced. You might even like to try it with non-Mexican recipes such as an accompaniment for spicy chicken or beef curry. It keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator.
A lot of home cooks like to throw the same ingredients together every time they make salsa, namely tomato, onion, cilantro, lime, and chilies, and there is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes it can be good to change the recipe and try something brand new – still technically a salsa (since salsa means sauce and anything goes) but something different.
This recipe offers a brand new experience because the peach does not complement the tomato found in most salsa recipes. Instead it replaces it. Tomato is sweet, not as sweet as peach perhaps but sweet nonetheless. In addition the peach you onion and lime, both of which offer piquant tang for contrast, and some aromatic cilantro to add more to the distinctive Mexican appeal of the dish.
- 1 cup peeled, chopped peaches
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Mix together the peaches, onion, lime juice and cilantro in a medium bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, mix again, and set aside.
Peach salsa is a sweeter, milder take on the classic tomato salsa which usually contains some degree of spice in the form of chili peppers. This one is very different, in that the only ingredients apart from the peaches are onion, cilantro and lime, to keep the focus on the peaches and the flavor very simple. As you can imagine, this is delicious with any fish dish, or you could offer it alongside your favorite cheese, or with tortilla chips. This recipe will serve 4 if you are serving it with fish or chicken, or perhaps 2 or 3 if you have it as a dip. The photo shows a chef chopping the onion to go into the salsa mixture.
Leave a Reply
- Mexicali Black Bean Tacos with Two Meats May 5, 2016
- Mexicali Breakfast Burrito Egg and Avocado April 26, 2016
- Mexicali Broiled Sushi Tacos April 24, 2016
- Mexicali Smooth Guacamole in Glasses with Tomatoes April 23, 2016
- Mexicali Nachos with Beef and More April 22, 2016
- Mexicali Margarita Quesadilla April 17, 2016
- Mexicali Shredded Chicken Tacos with Fete Slaw April 16, 2016
- Mexicali Baja Street Tacos Carne Asada April 15, 2016
- Tex-Mex Vegetarian Harvest Quesadilla with Cheese April 14, 2016
- Tex-Mex Chicken and Pepper Fajitas April 13, 2016
- Home (119405 Views)
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (117389 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (63216 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (45764 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (34625 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (30372 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (24114 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (23430 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (18952 Views)
- Pollo Frito Receta – Mexican Pan Fried Chicken with Tomatoes (17655 Views)