Green rice (or arroz verde in Spanish) is not a dish which you are likely to see all that often in a restaurant, even in a Mexican eatery. However, once you try preparing this arroz verde recipe at home, it may become one which is often seen in your own kitchen or dining room.
The rice becomes green by being cooked along with fresh spinach (which is actually a very popular vegetable in Mexican cuisine) and cilantro, which lend their wonderfully fresh flavors to the rice as well as their bright green color.
The combination of spinach, cilantro, onion, and tender rice cooked in chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you would prefer a vegetarian version of this arroz verde recipe) is a wonderful one. Whether on its own as a side dish or as a bed for other vegetable or meat dishes served on top, it’s a classic rice recipe which is easy to make and even easier to love. Continue reading
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (110305 Views)
- Home (98693 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (59606 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (44065 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32738 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27700 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22244 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (21944 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17411 Views)
- How to Make Pumpkin Empanadas (15020 Views)