Green rice (or arroz verde in Spanish) is not a dish which you are likely to see all that often in a restaurant, even in a Mexican eatery. However, once you try preparing this arroz verde recipe at home, it may become one which is often seen in your own kitchen or dining room.
The rice becomes green by being cooked along with fresh spinach (which is actually a very popular vegetable in Mexican cuisine) and cilantro, which lend their wonderfully fresh flavors to the rice as well as their bright green color.
The combination of spinach, cilantro, onion, and tender rice cooked in chicken stock (or vegetable stock if you would prefer a vegetarian version of this arroz verde recipe) is a wonderful one. Whether on its own as a side dish or as a bed for other vegetable or meat dishes served on top, it’s a classic rice recipe which is easy to make and even easier to love. Continue reading
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (109951 Views)
- Home (98438 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (59173 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (43920 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32561 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27492 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (22058 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (21793 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17247 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (14735 Views)