pina colada mousse recipe
This tasty and light Mexican dessert recipe combines pineapple, coconut, eggs, rum and more for a really refreshing dessert. The fresh pineapple makes a beautiful, edible garnish which gives this mousse an elegant look and makes it suitable for Mexican themed dinner parties or, in fact, any dinner party where you want to serve something impressive.
You can leave the rum out of this pina colada mousse if you do not want to use alcohol or if you are going to serve this to a mixed group which includes kids, but it does give the mousse a great flavor and counteracts the sweetness of the coconut and pineapple. Use a little rum essence if you leave out the rum, for a similar flavor. The eggs and gelatin give this mousse a great consistency and the whipped cream keeps it light and airy. This is a beautiful springtime or summer dessert and, if you like making Mexican food recipes, you will find that this creamy pineapple mousse is wonderful after something spicy and full of chilies because it cools the mouth down again and finishes off any meal in style.
Even if you are new to making Mexican desserts, you will find this one easy to prepare. Make sure the bowl is very clean before you start beating the egg whites, else they will not form peaks, and you need them to do that to help with the mousse consistency. This is a very simple mousse recipe and the tropical flavors are uplifting and mouthwateringly good. If you like to drink pina colada cocktails, you will find this Mexican mousse recipe to have the same tropical flavor but a light, airy, and fluffy texture too. Continue reading
- An Authentic Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe (109549 Views)
- Home (98019 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Rice Recipe a Tasty Mexican Rice Side Dish (58326 Views)
- Chicken Cheese Enchilada Recipe (43781 Views)
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Avocado Salsa (32306 Views)
- Authentic Mexican Chicken Tacos (27251 Views)
- Recipe for Stuffed Burrito with Chicken (21904 Views)
- Papadzules Recipe (21600 Views)
- How to Make Flautas with Green Chili (17047 Views)
- Classic Mexican Flan (14637 Views)